Monday, January 08, 2007

Bad man fi dead

I started commenting on Seeker's post "Death of a Dictator" http://jusidle.blogspot.com/ but it was too long for just a comment so i've decided to post it instead.

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". This line from the Lord's Prayer is a fundamental part of Christianity. I don't think other religions or rational thinking persons for that matter can really fault this view. It's quite healthy, very civilsed and all that.

That doesn't stop me one whit from being happy that Saddam is dead, that he was not accidentally killed, and that quite a few persons were there to see it happen. Moreover I do take a certain satisfaction in the ignominy of his execution. I will put forward the controversial view that I needed him to die in a manner similar to one that he has inflicted on others before I can start to forgive. I will go so far as to say he got his just desserts.

The Wicked Warlock of the East is dead, Long live the Wicked Warlock of the West

1 comment:

The Seeker said...

DWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love that last line

But back to the matter at hand vengance only begats vengance and as such the "Vicious cycle" begins and perpetuates itself. Not saying that this is gonna happen here , but this sort of sentiment is what fuels uch conflict long after the reason is lost..... I know Iknow.. I am sitting on moral high horse here, But I do realize that had anything happened to those close to me these words are not what would want here. It, however, does not make the weords any less true.

Again I must say the manner of the trial is what really upsets me.. I do not think he had a fair one.. and no matter how Guilty we all know you are the court must remain true to its purpose wether or not we like it.