Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update

Okay, so I've calmed down now. I'll go back to them next year. It was a great experience overall and I made some new friends and contacts.

In the meantime, where does the semester fly?I have a concert this weekend to perform in. (Marimbas, rainsticks, castanets and claves) then presentation the next week and assessment who knows when.Then I hear the department has a mandatory performance at the end of the semester. Thank goodness for teachers who actually realize that students need schedules IN ADVANCE so they can plan their activities. I can't even say that the three holidays help since school will be closed and I won't get to practice on actual instruments. Yes I said three, Trinidad has Shouter Baptist Liberation Day on the 30th of this month plus Good Friday and Easter Monday.

And for all those who thought I was mad, playing on air pans is in fact excellent practice. I've also been introduced to beating a pillow by my drumkit teacher. The logic behind that one is that you will develop wrist strength from being forced to play correctly on something that has absolutely no bounce.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo, thanks for that tip :) I shall be beating pillows as well ;)

laroper18 said...

Sadly I can actually see you practicing on air pans. LOL. All the best in everything and have a great time!

Sweet Simone said...

veronitook u a while but glad to know u r calm and back in the swing of things :) all the best with the pillow