Friday, February 03, 2006

On being a mother

I went with a co-worker of mine this morning as she carried her young daughter to the day care centre. We got out of the car alright, she(the baby) looked like she wanted to cry or it could have been that her mother had taken her finger out of her mouth. In any case we went into the day care and some of her (the baby's) friends were calling to her to come and play. Everything goes smoothly until we turn to leave. Who comes strolling out with us but baby. Then the bawling starts when the grill closes. What a heart wrenching sound. It must be hard to overcome the first day of separation . It wasn't my child and I still felt bad walking away. My coworker says normally she would just run off and go play.

I assume one gets used to it. You'd have to. But Lord. Makes you consider the benefits of homeschooling.

4 comments:

Miss Mel said...

Before anyone even comments, NO, it is NOT the mother who will go run off and play. I'm talking about her daughter. :-)

Rae said...

lol.

I imagine a lot of the lessons we'll have to teach our children when we have them will involve heart wrenching times. Have you ever seen Ray (The Movie)? That had some scenes for a mother to bear. I only hope I can be that strong.

bassChocolate said...

Home schooling will only keep them sheltered and dependent for longer.

laroper18 said...

Don't know if I'll have decisions like that to make, seeing I don't really plan on having kids.

But who knows?! Much can happen in a few years!