Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sweet sweet bacchanal

Carnival came and it was fun cyaan dun :-D. Started off with the usual suspects attending all the Mas Camp Friday night Fetes save one, then the Joker's Wild J'ouvert into road march, then the actual Carnival Road Parade.

In terms of ranking the Friday night fetes worked out overall as the best experience, with Road March second and J'ouvert taking bronze. Every week a group of us would fete at Mas Camp until after 2am and having a whale of a time. Occasionally we'd be joined by two or three other lymerz and just have even more fun, at times going to Island Grill for an early breakfast (or truth be told just to continue the lyme, on one occasion we even hung around looking at a car as the excuse to lyme :-D )

Road March was great pure and simple. Met up with my friends who were playing mas in the morning, then lymed with some other people roun the corner, then went back on the road and jumped for most of the route :-D Yes indeed Mummy Mel came prepared with her bag of goodies (chicken sandwiches galore and tropicana fruit drinks). Afterwards I met up with more friends on the road then planned an ice cream lyme (which went seriously over my estimated cut off time). Will do my best to play mas properly next year.

Joker's Jouvert fell down on a couple of counts but was still overall enjoyable

  • Machel Montano whom I specifically went to see had performed almost exactly the same set at one of the Mas Camp fetes only a few weeks previously. But of course how often do I get to see Machel perform :-D My condolences to the poor foolish woman who thought she was prepared to dance with him on stage.
  • I didn't have a Screaming Orgasm. This was a blend of various rum creams with condensed milk served with crushed ice that I had last year. The bar this year only had some rum cream liquore or Wray and Nephew rum cream, so my hopes were dashed. I'm a Sangster's and Bailey's girl.
  • Silly kids started a silly fight

I definitely enjoyed myself this Carnival season , looking forward to an even better one next year.

4 comments:

The Seeker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Seeker said...

With u on the screaming orgasm thing :@ an entire year of waiting to be giving the nastiness......

Other than that you got it right HYPE, cant wait till next year :D
Although, there is gonna be 2 changes
1. I will not be going to any Friday fete featuring a dancehall artist
and
2. I WILL BE AT BEACH JOUVERT, if we are not playing I am forking out the money to go, either way, it a super hype experience on either side of the pans, Cant believe I have been missing it all these years.

oh have to say big up to you guys 'luv unnu bad', My follow Friday fete lymers :D

Oh btw this years soca fetes had a what I called 'Character of the year', some-one who defined the entire experienced.Our friend with the crutches, I never got his name, and I can’t remember his face, but He rarely ever missed a Friday fete even though he had only one good foot. To this fellow I give the 'Dead Or Alive award for lyming Excellence'

bassChocolate said...

Screaming Orgasm... interesting.

Well I managed to make 3 of the Friday nights, and Shurwayne's night was the highlight for me. Had alot of fun. And yes, us sitting waiting by 'the perfect car' was funny.

I'm with Seeker on the dancehall thing; I can hear Voisemail, Busy Signal, Bounti Killer or any of the other shouters all thru the year. I don't go to 'Bacchanal' to see them. End it now, please!

bassChocolate said...

By the way, it's only gonna get worse :@