Friday, May 12, 2006

Weeks 1- 2

Bwoy, mi neva know seh two weeks coulda fly so faas. Okay so here's the brief synopsis of the first two weeks. Week one had all the expected flub ups and tongue-twisting moments you could imagine. Highlights include words like levy and aluminium, scripts with sections of words missing and lengthy news reports. Week two saw a very slight improvement in the flub ups but dramatic difference in the flow between myself and my cohost. Awkward pauses smoothing out, but I won't stress too much over that. Week three will be even better.

The early morning rising isn't as bad as I had expected. The hardest part is getting out of the bed. Once I'm up though I'm good to go. The body has made adjustments and is getting into the groove. I have to put in a power nap in the afternoons however to make this adjustment though, but all the better for me. Niggeritis produces the same effect I find :D

In other news on the home front, I'll be budgeting my new found source of income veerrrryy carefully. I still have my eye on doing a masters early next year and I know I'm definitely going to have to foot some part of that bill. We'll see whether or not it can stretch to cover going to Trinidad next year for "di real lyme" (Amazing how these things all fall within the same general part of the year)

  • At some point in time I'm going to watch "Glory to Glorianna", a locally produced , directed, and starred movie but for purposes of review. I'm looking for at least two persons to accompany me on this expedition. Volunteers are expected to provide their own fare and refreshments.
  • The big brother is in rehersals for another musical. This one I can already recommend without having seen a costume rehearsal. It's called "Once on this Island" and features another great Campion product in fellow blogger www.gimmeasecond.blogspot.com . Do look out for more updates on this one.
  • The next two weekends are going to be pan-demonium with a beach lyme and soul searching meeting this week, then the "Mobay or bust" Summer edition lyme the following week. Allow me to be the first to sing "what happens in the party /stays in the party" as there will be no spoilers or rehashes of that event on this site.

All in all, May promises to be a month to remember :-D

3 comments:

The Seeker said...

Thanks for the update :D

This month is looking good isnt it :D
the lymes the better (Y).

For real though, you guys getting better every day, keep it up (Y)

Diallo Dixon said...

count me in for "Glory to Glorianna"

Sweet Simone said...

Told u ur body will make the adjustments, and it never really stopped u from lyming, just cut back on it a bit :D The beach was great!!