Friday, October 06, 2006

Shadowing

Bwoy oh bwoy. Let me just put it on the record that one of the most important lessons I was taught by my section leader when I joined the band was how to shadow and shadow well. Having been involved in the performing arts for many years before joing the band I knew that whatever happened the show must go on. Above that the audience must never have a clue that something has gone awry.

When it come to my playing I put out a whole lot of effort, but yesterday it would appear that I had just learned to play pan and they threw me into the deep end with a concert. I had on my glasses to make matters worse. Usually when I perform on stage I remove them partially so they won't fall off and partially so I don't have to see the audience. Its easier to play that way. Yesterday there were no barriers. EEEK!! They could see me and worse , now I could SEE THEM :S

Anyway the show went on. Much kudos to all the persons who eventually trickled in to gives us a near to full house, still more kudos to the pannists who kept the energy flowing. Hopefully I'll give a better account of myself next time.

1 comment:

bassChocolate said...

Sounds like you Thurs experience was my Fri experience. Practice, practice, practice!