Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Maureen

You gave me birth but in the end I was the one you called mummy. Greay hair uncut, unkempt.Knowing that final release from vanity would be the signal of no retreat.

It wasn't a surrender though. neither total nor accepting. We'd taken our stand in the years before , suffered through their blades and chemical warfare. We rose again.

This wasn't a surrender, it was... I don't know what. It was a painful and grateful ending on my part. You got to be where you could dream without limit and smile . That beautiful smile.

We love you. Outward remembrances made internal, maybe fear of our own certain future. But there nontheless. We love you Maureen. Be free.

2 comments:

Sweet Simone said...

Beautiful Meli. Really beautiful.

bassChocolate said...

I second that.