Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pansong

It’s that feel on the inside, the one next to the skin
The promise of a pleasure deep within
It’s knowing that I can or not if I choose
No one to pretend to, nothing to lose

The ting-ta-da-ding of the iron pan
A melody so sweet
Rhythm of the bass pan
Echo in my feet

Goosebumps down my back
A counterbeat a tock tock crack
No pain in this exalted place
No one to disappoint, not a single downcast face

Me on my double pan alone in the night
Learning at my own pace
Singing out of sight

Hear that insistent call of music
Against all weather or sense of time
Doing what it does so smoothly
Party for two, exclusive lyme

Satisfy my craving inhibit my yearning
For this addict life is the fuel the flame ever burning
Passion in a note satisfaction is the melody
Double pans ring out
Give me my voice my spirit flying free.

4 comments:

Rae said...

TUFFF!!! BIG UP MI DT DIVA! Good stuff dis man

Sweet Simone said...

I am in total agreement with u, i actually miss my times in the panyard where it was just me and my double pans. This poem is beautiful Mel.

Diallo Dixon said...

nice!

bassChocolate said...

Well done Mel.