Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Daydreams

Sometimes I dream of being the Prime Minister and fixing this damn country. Being a social worker and just finding perfect homes for the abandoned and scared children in the shelters, the streets the gullies. Avenging angel against criminals at my gate with my iron pipe of justice , screaming hell and damnation in a nightgown. Dreams of power. But power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

At least that's how the proverb goes. Can't recall any happy proverbs though come to think of it. How about a positive spin on the story. One that provides balance and fairness. Dream on Mel, Dream on.

4 comments:

Bashmentbasses said...

Do you have any idea home many sleepless nights I spent in my early 20s plotting the secret life of a vigilante, dispensing out the justice that the courts are incapable of? And now I do what I can to patch the wounded and help people look at their lives differently.

I can't help but think that I sold out. I could have brought themj swift justice and retribution! But now I break bad news and occassionaly there is a happy ending. Changing lives I am but one life at a time. That'll have to do I guess.

I'll still grumble to myself though.......

Miss Mel said...

HEHE I try and console myself with that too. After all true change must come from within , and that doesn't come so easily

Diallo Dixon said...

Yup. Ive thought about it. Hire assassins from outside the country. Pay them to assassinate all 'dons' and 'big man' starting from the top. As someone else rises to take their place, get rid them as well. Soon there'll be no one to lead the likkle man. No children will aspire to become a 'don' cause that'll get you killed. Threaten politicians that they will share the same fate if they dont shape up. Jcan police too stupid and unsphisticated to track down assassins, once no mistake is made. It would be so easy. All you'd need is money to pay your assassins.

The Seeker said...

lol!!!!
hmmmm If only everything were black and white.