Wednesday, January 25, 2006

When I say I'm a Christian

This is the poem that I had mentioned on my friend's blog.

I AM A CHRISTIAN By Maya Angelou>>When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin.">I'm whispering "I was lost," Now I'm found and forgiven.>>When I say..."I am a Christian" I don't speak of this with pride. I'm>confessing that I stumble and need CHRIST to be my guide.>>When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong. I'm>professing that I'm weak and need HIS strength to carry on.>>When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success. I'm>admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.>>When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect, My>flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.>>When I say... "I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain, I>have my share of heartaches, So I call upon His name.>>When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not holier than thou, I was a>simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow.>>Author ~Maya Angelou~

3 comments:

The Seeker said...

Love It. Very Profound, I love the tone in which it is set.

bassChocolate said...

Thanks alot Mel. This is really profound and true writing. I need to print it out.

Rae said...

thanks Meli. I love this