Monday, January 30, 2006

Sleeper

Stayed awake to watch you sleep.
Soft breaths,
Angel in vision of repose still

Demon of thoughts.
Return my peace.
The naive simplicity
Of Innocence,

Underappreciated quality
Of youth. There was none
More willing

Than I (I thought). No
Hesitation to call
Back the slide to misery.

The misery of company.

Does she ache as I
Do at your side? I
Hope.

I. Word and letter in one.
Paired with you (I
Thought).

Other pairings out of
Thought, and mind
And stolen time.

Sleep comes now
Curled at your back.
My breath warms

The distance between
Us. (You and I again)
Softly, softly
I sleep.


M. Woodham. 2006.

3 comments:

Rae said...

wow. Meli I love this. You had me at the first line and it just kept getting better.

The Seeker said...

Mushy Stuff!!!!
:D
Cool Piece

laroper18 said...

What they said :)