Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Mattress Troubles

My bed has a nice little sink in the middle. I avoid it when I use my bed as an exercise mat but it's great for curling up in when i want to sleep.

My brother's bed now is a whooole different ball game. For starters its actually three sofa cushions and a white tiled floor. A big improvement than the three seater couch with the big sink in the middle and the inadequate length that his feet kept hanging over. Again this was an improvement over his actual bed with the broken mattress frame, the lumpy mattress (sinking into the hole in the mattress frame) and his feet hanging over the edge of the bed.

It's always amusing to see the how far up ones face an eyebrow can reach once they step into my living room on a given morning, and spot my bro on the floor. That is if I've been kind enough to give them warning and they don't trip on the mattress.

This all started I feel not because of any actual problem with the bed, but the sheer fact of being too tired/lazy to actually make it into the bedroom. It has all the comforts, like the TV,computer and being near the fridge. Plus it's always been a habit that my mum has unsuccessfully tried for years to break for both of us.

I know for a fact that sometimes I just get too tired and fall asleep right on the couch with light and glasses on, other times I feel like I'm 11 sneaking down the stairs in my pjs to watch late night TV.

Whatever the case, I know I'll still be putting in my fair share of dents into the couch cushions.


5 comments:

Bashmentbasses said...

Soon those SERTA sheep will come gunning for couches!

Diallo Dixon said...

Weekends I sleep on the couch. Too lazy to hang up clothes on Fri and Sat, so couch works well. Plus less light in the TV room so can sleep longer.

bassChocolate said...

I hope I have a couch...

laroper18 said...

I had a mattress with a sink in the middle. After a while i had to turn it because the springs thought I did something to them and started to attack me. Eventually, I ended up saying bye-bye to that mattress and getting another, only this time the thing is too hard so sleep isn't all that. The couch thing isn't very confy either so I guess I'm $(#&?ed 'til I find the perfect mattress...or mattress cover with padding for that matter.

Any suggestions?

bassChocolate said...

Le did you just edit 'screwed'? That's funny. That's r@$#^% funny :D